Forum

#@% PvE Keep Raids  

RSS

Caly
 Caly
(@caly)
Eminent Member
12/05/2018 1:58 pm  

Two days ago RvR finally started to be really nice again... Gocoo was around, 2-3 Mids, and me on Alb, later on we even had a 3.5vs3 vs the Frenchs at Bold (sorry if it felt unfair that we made use of our advantage of being the defenders, but open field we wouldn't stand a chance, the necro was lvl 41 even :)), I really liked where this was going. And then there's these stupid NPC keep raids which ruin everything. You'll end up being the highest RR on a dead server, but what for? So you can jerk off to it? It's ruining the little bit of RvR there was, I'm not going to do any RvR if I don't have a single port left and I'm not interested in doing stupid NPC raids first every single day. I thought it had gotten better and that you finally noticed, but obviously not.

Hf playing by yourself and raiding the same keeps back and forth by x-realming. What a hero you are.

Edited: 1 week  ago

ReplyQuote
jothaxeen
(@jothaxeen)
14/05/2018 1:30 am  

Yeah would be great if there were albs or mids on during US prime time...then we wouldn't need to raid keeps to have something to do in game...

Sorry that it seems to make your day worse but it's really all we can do at that time of day. We've been trying to get more people on our time to play against.

ReplyQuote
Crali
(@crali)
Eminent Member
14/05/2018 1:37 am  

well summer, if u want trouble ingame tell me ur times and u will die in honor 🙂

ReplyQuote
jothaxeen
(@jothaxeen)
14/05/2018 1:38 am  

We play 9pm to 11pm CST most days. We typically have a 2-3 man running.

Edited: 1 week  ago

ReplyQuote
Splashy
(@splashy)
14/05/2018 4:06 pm  

I agree that PvE keep takes are the worst. As it stands however, when we are running it is not uncommon to see 10+ albs online, none of which are in PvP zones. The result is that the only way to advance our characters is to take keeps. By doing this we are also letting the other realms know that we are available to PvP. I know we watch the realm map even when we are PvEing so we are aware if people are looking to PvP. By taking keeps we are also making Rps available for other realms, encouraging them to come out and take them back.

I'm not sure what you would like us to do  given the lack of participation during our play times. We could put towers/keeps on fire and wait for people to come out and defend before attempting to take them, but I don't see how that would really encourage people to come out either. 

I would suggest that keep/tower defense rps be earned for successful defenses, but I believe it has been suggested that additional sources of RPs will not be implemented at this time. 

Lastly, I'm not sure where the accusation that we are cross realming just to farm keeps comes from. I think if that was the case our Mids were significantly higher in the RP standings. We made characters there so that if Hib becomes overpopulated we can move there to foster better PvP action. 

Hope to see you out there Crali. If you can put together a small man it would be fun to have some open field battles, but siege/defense is just as good.

ReplyQuote
jothaxeen
(@jothaxeen)
14/05/2018 5:09 pm  

Another idea, once again, not sure if this could even be implemented, may be to make each relic worth 5% more damage, and make all 3 just add to damage for every realm. So if you have your own, you get 5% as well? This would mean that taking your own relics back actually helps your realm right away, instead of having to take another set to get the actual benefit. It would also be nice if the rps for taking a relic back were in the 2-4k range, as it takes just as long to walk them back as it does to take a keep with the keep take quest.

ReplyQuote
Caly
 Caly
(@caly)
Eminent Member
15/05/2018 1:24 am  
Posted by: jothaxeen

Another idea, once again, not sure if this could even be implemented, may be to make each relic worth 5% more damage, and make all 3 just add to damage for every realm. So if you have your own, you get 5% as well? This would mean that taking your own relics back actually helps your realm right away, instead of having to take another set to get the actual benefit. It would also be nice if the rps for taking a relic back were in the 2-4k range, as it takes just as long to walk them back as it does to take a keep with the keep take quest.

Getting your relic back does help your realm right away by taking 10 % less dmg from your enemies.

Posted by: Splashy

I agree that PvE keep takes are the worst. As it stands however, when we are running it is not uncommon to see 10+ albs online, none of which are in PvP zone.

Yes, this happens a lot. Quite often this is 3 newbies and me powerleveling them and maybe someone standing around afk. I'm not going to stop that and abandon them to try to defend on my own or with naked untrained lvl 40s. What for even, if you're going to take all the keeps anyway that night? If you want them that bad, have them. Raiding 4 keeps and carrying back 2 relics is your way to "show your presence"? I don't think taking ALL keeps and relics is encouraging anyone. It took days for someone to reraid them and it makes it impossible for Albs to go anywhere to other realms (e.g. to attack Mids taking relics back). I don't care to have to do stupid PvE raids first in order to be able to join RvR!

ReplyQuote
jothaxeen
(@jothaxeen)
15/05/2018 1:42 am  

My point on the relics was because you'd gain 5% against both realms, taking one doesn't lower both realms you may be fighting...and it could still be a 10% sway if it was from the realm you are fighting...

I agree, I wouldn't leave the people I was PLing to solo either. It feels like the true issue is actually that it's hard for you to get an organized group to compete with, which I can understand 100%. 

So what is the solution you are requesting? That we leave one keep with access to a boat? Or just leave alb keeps alone until the population of alb can compete with hib and mid? I'd have no problem with that if our tower take quest was for mid as well, but hibs have to kill an armsman and cleric Everytime.

We thought it as a good way for lower RR people to get some by taking alb keeps so they could get some without much resistance like we did with our hibs at the beginning, but I guess that isn't helping.

We don't have any pve to do anymore...so if we don't PVP...then it's off to another realm I guess.

Edited: 6 days  ago

ReplyQuote
Share:

Comments are closed.