Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Something is wrong with caster damage in PvP  

RSS

jothaxeen
(@jothaxeen)
Eminent Member
03/08/2020 11:15 pm  

I'm not sure what caused this, but something is seriously wrong with caster damage for PVP. With a light eld, 47 in light, using Shadowdoom (spec) dd, I was hitting an Armsman with 26% cold resist for 260 damage. Plate should be weak to cold. I'm not sure exactly what it should be, but if my memory serves me correctly, I remember hitting 26% resists for around 500 typically...I do not have a live account to test.

jothaxeen
(@jothaxeen)
Eminent Member
03/08/2020 11:16 pm  

At this point, against a tank with 3k hps, I don't think a caster could kill any tank. Would take more than 12 DDs....even with range. Hard for people to defend with this low of damage.

ReplyQuote
elcotek
(@elcotek)
Member Admin
18/08/2020 12:15 pm  

You forgot the extra magic resist at level 41, he becoms passive 2% resist per level and can train Avoidance of Magic too..

A full-tank is not the primary target of a Caster.

This post was modified 2 months ago 2 times by elcotek

Wer meint Reichtum macht glücklich ist ein armer Mensch:)

ReplyQuote
jothaxeen
(@jothaxeen)
Eminent Member
18/08/2020 3:36 pm  

I know they get passive CC resist...but are you saying at level 41, for each level they get 2% passive resist to all magic damage types, for a total of 18% above 26%, and my target didn't have any AOM.

This is different than it was before the changes in the last 6 months. I know this from playing a warrior/hero and from playing casters against tanks. Something has drastically changed here. 

6 months ago, my same spec eld hit for around 600 to a similar tank (typically warriors I've tested against). Even with AOM, I was still hitting people for around 200...at the current damage calculations, that will be closer to 50-100 per dd against an aom4 tank...huge difference there.

ReplyQuote
jothaxeen
(@jothaxeen)
Eminent Member
18/08/2020 4:20 pm  

this looks to me like caster damage is just low, this would be DDs and DOTs. Currently against a tank, a bainshee with it's 223 delve dd was hitting between 260-280. Against a caster with same resists (26% body) the same DD was hitting for 326, which seems right for difference between the two targets, but the damage is considerably lower than the normal.

ReplyQuote
elcotek
(@elcotek)
Member Admin
18/08/2020 5:41 pm  

Test your Eld vs. my Fian: (full buffed but not capped)
323 (-94) against 19% cold resis and cap con. without avoid of magic ra.
This -94 is already included in the damage, so do not subtract it again! It is the correct damage that is displayed (323). The resis is only displayed to show you how much you could have done without this reduction, so 324 + 94 = 418 but not the passives and RAs. included, they are not shown separately. At yellow mob level 50 the eld does 542 damage to 0 resist with the same spell (shadowboon), and the buffs were not capped, so the damage would increase with better buffs.

But also note: Relics do not increase any more damage here on the Server, if you had all relics that would be 20% more damage if you own all on live server! You have to pay attention to that.

But i will take a look the the direct damage handler.

This post was modified 2 months ago 5 times by elcotek

ReplyQuote
jothaxeen
(@jothaxeen)
Eminent Member
18/08/2020 11:22 pm  

Yeah I'm saying that the 323 against 19% cold resists seems low to me....which is also why the DoT pulling in pve doesn't seem to be what it usually is, but if that's what you think is good, ok. 

ReplyQuote
elcotek
(@elcotek)
Member Admin
20/08/2020 2:13 am  

The Problem was with the last change solved, the damage should now ok for all damage Casts on the Server:-)

ReplyQuote
Share:

Comments are closed.