Forum

RVR Ideas: Player controlled  

RSS

jothaxeen
(@jothaxeen)
Eminent Member
14/05/2018 5:03 pm  

Hey guys, 

It has been brought to our attention by Caly that maybe it would be nice to set some hopes and expectations out there for all the players to see if we can get some more player vs player fights going.

I don't think I'd be willing to agree to a complete "Stop taking keeps" option as Caly has seemed to suggest, but maybe we can find some middle ground.

We (Two Brothers - Hib) have been running a 2-4 man (depending on who is on from other guilds) between the times of 9pm - 11pm CST. We have been hitting keeps that have realm players logged on to try to entice people to come out and do some keep defense. We are aware that some of you may not be setup 100% for rvr, so we figured giving you the keep to help protect you would make it a little more fair for now. If the defense is really good (we get wiped a few times) then we tend to go to another keep to see if we can get you to come out the keep so we just aren't feeding your RPs all night. 

Our goal has never been to take all the keeps and relics, (especially relics, 1k to take 30 mins to run something around isn't worth it at all) but if no one is coming out to defend yet, then it's the only way to gain RPs. We typically start with the lowest keeps as they give the most RPs for the effort. IF all of your realm keeps were claimed, we'd probably only get a few keep takes in before we would have to log. (Just a hint if you wanted to keep more keeps for when you get back on) We typically only claim a port keep, then we leave the rest unclaimed, as we don't want to discourage you to take them back. (We like keep defense too!)

If anyone has any other ideas to help get the RVR going, feel free to provide input. I think we may have a EU population and a US population and we may need to treat them as two different groups for RVR if the time doesn't overlap enough.

Lastly, if I am able to play for longer than an hour or two, there has been a couple times where I have unclaimed a relic keep in hib to hopefully get a realm to want to take back their relics. So far, I haven't had anyone bite on that, as I'd like to try to defend, but no one seems to come after the keep within the time I can be on. So...once I have to log, I claim it back, and that's it. So if you see one of the Hib keeps become unclaimed, just know there may be some defense there and you may get more rps than you'd expect.

Edited: 2 weeks  ago

ReplyQuote
jothaxeen
(@jothaxeen)
Eminent Member
14/05/2018 5:17 pm  

Another idea, may be to setup a discord server, or some other chat server that we can see who is online. Obviously we would want the discussions in this server to be civil, but it would be a good place to start organizing some fights and see if people are on to do some pvp. Could also setup realm specific channels, and if anyone jumps channels during pvp, we could just block them from the server. Not sure if anyone would want to do this, but if we have others that would like to, I can set this up for us.

ReplyQuote
Crali
(@crali)
Eminent Member
14/05/2018 7:03 pm  

https://discord.gg/8gDPSY there u got ur discord server. All are free to join for talking, asking for action or whatever.

ReplyQuote
Splashy
(@splashy)
14/05/2018 7:39 pm  

Will check it out. Thanks

ReplyQuote
labra
(@labra)
21/05/2018 6:14 pm  

discord link seems invalid now

ReplyQuote
jothaxeen
(@jothaxeen)
Eminent Member
22/05/2018 1:34 am  

https://discord.gg/BxGDSJG

This link shouldn't expire

ReplyQuote
Zyta
 Zyta
(@zyta)
Eminent Member
23/05/2018 11:57 am  

Hey guys ! 

Don't bother yourself too hard, after a small break i'm back in business to kick your ass out 😀 

1v1 or 1vx whatever  😎 

ReplyQuote
jothaxeen
(@jothaxeen)
Eminent Member
23/05/2018 5:11 pm  

Sounds good, most of us have joined that discord server so we can communicate locations to get some fights going if you want. It's been working pretty well so far.

ReplyQuote
May
 May
(@may)
23/05/2018 8:01 pm  

Zytaaaaaaa !

Yahouuuuuuuuu Nice to see you again.

Let me make the announcement worthy of you 😀

Oyé Oyé Ladies and gentlemen,

shake, tighten your seatbelts and put on a life jacket.

I hope you have good insurance.

Zyta came back and hell accompanies him again.

You're going to taste it !

<song of terror> The man with the harmonica from Once upon a time the West 😀

La vie c'est comme une boîte de chocolat, on ne sait jamais sur quoi on va tomber. 😀
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Zyta
 Zyta
(@zyta)
Eminent Member
24/05/2018 11:35 am  

Hahaha tu déconnes May 🤣

ReplyQuote
Share:

Comments are closed.